From Advancing Music Theory
Jump to navigation
Jump to search
|This lesson is part of the Harmony category.
- Students will be familiar with the concept of cadences.
- Students will be able to identify the four basic types of cadences (PAC, IAC, HC, PC)
- Students will be able to identify and deceptive gestures/cadences, and define why or why they are not cadences (depending on style)
- Definition of the concept of cadence, and introduction to different types of cadences
- Identification and analysis of cadences in different genres of music
- Discussion of plagal and deceptive gestures/cadences.
- Cadence identification and analysis in written and recorded music
- Melodic harmonization with specific cadential goals