Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This lesson is part of the Fundamentals of Twelve-Tone Equal Temperament category.|
- Students will be able to determine the interval between two notes.
- Students will be able to write a note at the given interval above or below a given note.
- Students will be able to identify intervals using a piano keyboard
- Hutchinson, Music Theory for the 21st Century Classroom: Chapter 5 - Intervals
- Schaffer, Open Music Theory: Intervals and Dyads
- Tobey, A Feeling for Harmony: Understanding Musical Intervals
- Discussion of the concept of intervals (harmonic and melodic)
- Identification of intervals between two given notes
- Notation of a given interval above or below a given note
- Identification of intervals in short musical segments
- Interval identification
- Writing intervals