From Advancing Music Theory
Jump to navigation
Jump to search
|This lesson is part of the Harmony category.
- Students will be able to identify and analyze different types of modulation in a musical composition.
- Students will be able to create a modulating chord progression using a diatonic common chord.
- Discussion and definition of the concept of modulation
- Discussion of different types of modulation, including direct and common-chord
- Harmonic analysis of modulations in different types of music
- Composition and improvisation of a common-chord modulation between two different keys
- Identification and analysis of different types of modulation in written and recorded music
- Composition of a chord progression which uses common-chord modulation