Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This lesson is part of the Style & Compositional Techniques category.|
- Students will be familiar with ways that live music can be combined with other media
- Glass, Einstein on the Beach
- Music Theory Online:
- Lafrance and Burns, "Finding Love in Hopeless Places: Complex Relationity and Impossible Hetersexuality in Popular Music Videos by Pink and Rihanna"
- Sterbenz, "Movement, Music, Feminism: An Analysis of Movement-Music Interactions and the Articulation of Masculinity in Tyler, the Creator's 'Yonkers' Music Video"
Listening or Videos
- Davies, Eight Songs for a Mad King
- Childish Gambino, "This Is America"
- Beyoncé, Lemonade
- Guster, "Satellite"
- Ferrandino and Osborn, "Seeing Stories, Hearing Stories in Narrative Music Video"
- Discussion of types of multimedia in live music
- Analysis of works which make use of multimedia as part of live performance
- Analysis of written and recorded multimedia music
- Analysis of a music video
- Composition of a short work incorporating one or more multimedia components