From Advancing Music Theory
Jump to navigation
Jump to search
|This lesson is part of the Rhythm, Meter & Form category.
- Students will be familiar with the history and characteristics of hip-hop.
- Students will explore the rhythmic characteristics of rap.
Listening or Videos
- Discussion of the origins and history of hip-hop
- Rhythmic and prosodic analysis of different types of hip-hop music
- Composition and improvisation of a short rap
- Rhythmic transcription of a rap excerpt
- Composition of a rap