Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This lesson is part of the Electronic Music & Sound Production category.|
- Students will be familiar with the concept and basics of patch sampling.
- Students will be able to create a patch using a sample or group of samples.
- Haas, Introduction to Computer Music: "Digital Audio"
- iZotope: Brown, "Making a Custom Sampler Instrument"
- Spitfire Audio: Henson, "Grow Your Own Samples"
- Pro Audio Files: Mantione, "The Fundamentals of Sampling Instruments and Libraries"
- Discussion and demonstration of an sampler
- Identification of sampling in music of different styles
- Creation of a patch using a sample or group of samples
- Improvisation using sampled sounds
- Identification of sampling usage in recorded music
- Creation of a patch sample