From Advancing Music Theory
Jump to navigation
Jump to search
|This lesson is part of the Style & Compositional Techniques category.
- Students will explore the compositional techniques of serialism and stochasticism.
- Shaffer, Wharton (eds.), Open Music Theory:
- Kelley, Introduction to Post-Tonal Music Analysis:
- Further discussion of Schoenberg’s twelve-tone row process and discussion of integral serialism
- Improvisation within a integrally serial structure
- Composition of a piece according to stochastic techniques
- Analysis of integral serialism in written and recorded music
- Creation of a short musical composition using a stochastic method