Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This lesson is part of the Electronic Music & Sound Production category.|
- Students will be familiar with the basics of sound synthesis, including waveforms, envelopes, and filters.
- Students will be able to use a synthesizer to create a sound that meets given criteria.
- Haas, Introduction to Computer Music:
- Additive Synthesis Waveform Generator
- Harmonics Explorer
- Hronco, "Making Music in the Browser: Web Audio/MIDI — Envelope Generator"
- Online Synthesizers:
- Synthesizer Apps:
- Discussion and demonstration of an additive synthesizer
- Synthesis of a various sounds
- Identification of synthesized sounds in music of different styles
- Improvisation using synthesized sounds
- Identification of different basic waveforms used in recorded excerpts
- Creation of a synthesized sound to meet given musical criteria