Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This lesson is part of the Electronic Music & Sound Production category.|
- Students will be familiar with the concepts of pitch shifting, vocoder, autotune and other vocal modification.
- Students will be able to modify a vocal track to create a given musical effect.
- Pitchfork: Reynolds, "How Auto-Tune Revolutionized the Sound of Popular Music"
- Kreider, Autotune in the Music We Love
- Haas, Introduction to Computer Music: "Phase Vocoding (PV)"
Listening or Videos
- Discussion and demonstration of electronic vocal modification
- Analysis of vocal modification in music of different styles
- Use of software to modify a vocal track
- Improvisation using vocal modification
- Identification and analysis of vocal modification in recorded music